- When you perform any transaction (especially using an ATM), make sure that no one sees your PIN code, which you entered and that those waiting in line are distanced enough from you. If somebody is standing too close, ask them to step back.
- Use ATMs alone and do not reveal your PIN code to anyone. If you cannot use an ATM, do not let a passer-by help you, rather inquire with your bank how to use it.
- Use the card at those ATMs which are located at a frequented, well lit location.
- If you notice any difference at an ATM from regular operation (e.g. if you need to push harder to insert a card, if there are additional elements attached on the slot and similar), take the card out and use a different ATM. You are kindly requested to inform the bank about such events by calling the telephone number stated on the card and/or 113.
- If ATMs are installed on premises that are accessible by using a card only, it is never necessary to enter a PIN code. If a device is installed on the door requiring that you enter a PIN code, do not do so.
- Monitor notifications displayed on the screen of an ATM, while the requested amount is being paid out.
- Always request a certificate of transaction conducted at an ATM.
- If an ATM does not return your card (because of an obstacle in the slot) and there is an instruction on a label beside or on it to re-enter the PIN code, do not do so. The same applies if a person nearby, usually posing as a bank employee, instructs you to re-enter the PIN code. In both cases as soon as possible notify the nearest bank branch or the Bankart authorisation centre by calling the telephone number +386 1 583 41 83.
Enter the PIN code only if such instruction appears on the screen of an ATM.