NLB Group: Short Overview of Preliminary Unaudited Full Year 2018 Financial Results
20th February, 2019
In 2018 NLB Group continued its trend of stable and profitable business operations, net profit for the period amounted to EUR 203.6 million with substantial continued contribution from subsidiaries.
|in EUR million / % / bps||2018||2017||Change |
|Q4 18||Q3 18||Q4 17|
|Key Income Statement Data (in EUR million)|
|Net operating income||493.3||487.7||1%||124.3||125.9||122.4|
|Net interest income||312.9||309.3||1%||81.0||80.2||80.6|
|Net non-interest income||180.4||178.4||1%||43.3||45.7||41.8|
|Result before impairments and provisions||204.6||203.0||1%||46.0||55.5||45.6|
|Impairments and provisions||23.3||29.5||-21%||4.3||4.6||-7.7|
|Result before tax||233.3||237.3||-2%||51.5||61.7||38.9|
|Result of non-controlling interests||7.9||8.2||-4%||1.2||2.2||1.0|
|Result after tax||203.6||225.1||-10%||45.3||53.5||41.1|
|Key Financial Indicators|
|Return on equity after tax (ROE a.t.)||11.8%||14.4%||-2.6 p.p.|
|Return on assets after tax (ROA a.t.)||1.6%||1.9%||-0.2 p.p.|
|Interest margin (on interest bearing assets)||2.56%||2.57%||-0.01 p.p.||2.63%||2.59%||2.67%|
|Cost-to-income ratio (CIR)||58.5%||58.4%||0.1 p.p.||63.0%||55.9%||62.8%|
|Cost of Risk Net (bps)1||-43||-62||19 p.p.|
|in EUR million / % / bps||31 Dec 2018||31 Dec 2017||Change |
|Key Financial Position Statement Data (in EUR million)|
|Loans to customers (gross)||7,627.5||7,641.2||0%|
|Loans to customers (net)||7,148.4||6,994.5||2%|
|Deposits from customers||10,464.0||9,879.0||6%|
|Other Key Financial Indicators|
|Total capital ratio||16.7%||15.9%||0.8 p.p.|
|Total risk weighted assets (RWA)||8,677.6||8,546.5||2%|
|NPL volume - gross (in EUR million)||622.3||844.5||-26%|
|Share of non-performing loans (NPL) in all loans||6.9%||9.2%||-2.3 p.p.|
|Net non-performing loans (NPL)/total net loans||2.6%||3.8%||-1.2 p.p.|
|Non-performing exposure (NPE) - EBA Definition||4.7%||6.7%||-2.0 p.p.|
|Number of employees||5,887||6,029||-2.4%|
|1 Credit impairments and provisions (annualised level) / average net loans to non-banking sector|
- Higher operating income: interest and non-interest income higher by 1%. Net interest income increased slightly due to loan volume growth – predominantly in retail - and lower interest expenses, net non-interest income increased due to higher fees and commissions.
- Stable cost dynamics at Group level with moderate increase on discretionary spending.
- NPLs further reduced due to successful resolution measures and supportive macroeconomic environment. NPE ratio stood at 4.7%. Overall negative cost of risk was recorded with release of impairments and provisions in the amount of EUR 23.3 million. Higher income tax (EUR 21.8 million vs EUR 4.0 million in 2017), given significant positive non-recurring effects in 2017.
- Regional specialist: NLB Group is the only financial institution focusing solely on the SEE region. We have a unique understanding of the local environment; the language, culture and mentality.
- Customer-oriented: we are focusing on delivering the best customer experience and pay special attention to building personal relations with our clients, our societies and our environment.
- Digital: We are building unique omnichannel product distribution, partnership programs and end-to-end customer solutions.
Unaudited report FY2018 is scheduled to be published on 8 March 2019, while presentation and call for the interested stakeholders will take place on 11 March 2019 (details to be announced).